Saturday, September 29, 2007

The one about the weird Day...

Yesterday was quite an interesting day. I can't go into a lot of details in the blog, but needless to say it was a day full of different emotions. I was frustrated about some things I observed with a situation, and it was just very discouraging.

I really feel as if our church is on the brink of revival (we have really been praying for it!) but at the same time, I do feel that Satan is fighting against it and causing division wherever he can. I see "little fires of contention" as I label them and a close friend of mine and I are, and have been, praying about these things. They are not big things that people get disgruntled over, but small picky things, that in the big scheme of things should not cause division, but should be looked upon as differences of opinion. They are not doctrinal in nature. So, as I witnessed yet another "mini fire of contention" I was so discouraged. I don't know if it was because of my having a lot on my plate right now with Mickey being gone, or what, but I was just ready to throw in the towel.

HOWEVER, I was encouraged last night by my close friend to remember to pray and rebuke Satan in these circumstances. Something I had failed to do. Instead of praying, I just sat in shock and dismay and with great sadness and frustration. As I was talking to this friend, I then realized, another weakness in my armor. I need to be ready to hold the shield of faith to quench those darts of the evil one and I also was not. I also was not, "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints." I was once again getting my own onion peeled, as I shared this with my friend. I'm thankful yet again, that no matter how painful, it was something that needs to be concentrated on in my life. I am also thankful for my sisters in Christ who are there to nudge me along and sharpen me.
It is a good thing. I won't add that it was an older woman teaching younger woman. :-) There's not that much difference in our ages....she may not like that.