Tuesday, October 2, 2007

the one about the tea pot and cozies....

Well, I received a belated 40th birthday present this last Friday. I am tickled pink with it. I got a new tea pot. Now the tea pot itself matches my kitchen. It has grapes on it, which I love. My kitchen has hunter green counters and cherry cabinets. When I saw this, I thought grapes would go wonderful in my kitchen. Well, I got some purple colored tea towels, and gradually I've added a few things. I tried to do some painting on the wall area above the cabinets, but it didn't turn out too well. I still need to paint over that, but alas I'm getting side tracked. My mom got me some cermaic and wooden items that go with a cannister set I bought. Then my sister got me a tablecloth and placements with the grape theme.
So...my 40th b-day has arrived and my friend Beth gives me a teapot with grapes on it. It's really cute....see....


But Beth likes to do things to the max, so that wasn't enough...she made me a purple cozy for my tea pot that has the cutest little buttons as a trim around the top...




She didn't stop there though, she thought the tea pot needed a fall cozy, with sweet little fall colored leaves and some squash buttons....




Is Beth done yet....no...don't forget about a Christmas cozy adorned with snowflakes and gingerbread men....




I think these are just the cutest things. I love tea too, and the cozies are just sweet. So, I would publicly like to thank Beth for these sweet gifts. She even included an infuser with my bag of goodies. I love them all!