Saturday, February 16, 2008

The one about procedures...procedures...

Well, I have to go to the doctor on Tuesday to have a procedure done. It's of the feminine nature, so to not make anyone uncomfortable, I'll just leave it at that.

I will have to be put under, so I will not be able to drive home. My son, Michael was going to drive me, but since my friend Susanne is off work, she will take me instead. This way, Michael can be home with Marc and Maddie. It's very neat to know that Susanne usually works on Tuesdays, but is off. She said it was not an accident. This is true.

My sister Leah, had offered to come out here with me, if I could postpone the procedure. It was very sweet of her, but due to the nature of why I'm having this procedure, I really don't want to postpone it. I'm already at the point where I can't even really leave my house for any length of time.

So anyway, I'm a little nervous, about the whole thing. I would really like Mickey to be the one taking me to Clarkson West on Tuesday, even though I'm glad that Susanne is available! But a dear friend just reminded me this morning of another time when Mickey was not around. We were living in Okinawa at the time and I was diagnosed with Graves Disease. Besides the side effects of this disease, I was really having a hard time because during all that, of course, Mickey was gone. I was trying to care for Michael, our only child at the time, but because of what Graves does to a person, it was a very trying time. The Lord put some very special people in my life to walk through the whole thing with me. Mickey did finally arrive in time to watch Michael will I was med-evac'd to Hawaii for treatment. Through it all, the Lord was with me, as He always is, and provided physical beings to help me through the situation.

Now as I face this next little health hurdle, it was good for my friend to remind me of how the Lord helped me during that time in Okinawa. He helps me all the time, and I know it, but that memorial of His nearness was one, that I'm sorry to say I had filed away and not remembered. The jogging of my memory is one I am thankful for.

However, I'm just feeling so blessed that this memory was brought back, because the Lord was very real to me during that time. Carrying me through....and I know, He'll do it again.

Psalm 37