Thursday, February 7, 2008

The one about My Space...

While the kids have been doing their independent work this morning, I was working on some grmmar rule reference cards for Maddie.
In the process of this I was on and off the internet while working in MSWord.
While working this morning, I made the decision to delete my myspace account. I had established it to keep in communication with my neice in Ohio, but she wasn't writing me all that much, and myspace just became very .....tired to me.
While I already realize some of the negative aspects of myspace and the issues that have already been raised in the media concerning abuse of minors, explicit photos, etc. I have some very practical reasons for not liking it.
It's tacky and trashy looking. Most people don't know how to build their space with the proper use of graphics. You can barely read some pages without highlighting the text because there are so many graphics in the background.
It's very gaudy looking. Most spaces have common features, but they are just unorganized.
Facebook keeps things in neat boxes, you don't have the trashy backgrounds, but can one can still design a facebook to reflect one's personality.
So, i'm a facebook girl.

Now back to school....