Thursday, May 8, 2008

The one about quote collecting...

I have never been one to collect quotes, but the more I read really good ones, the more I think I should have a notebook where I write them down and read over them periodically.
I think one of the reasons I at first bristled to collecting quotes was that sometimes, I find a good quote, but I know I totally disagree with the person in other areas, like worldview, polictical view, etc. However, I don't want to be one that throws the baby out with the bath water...so....I am going to start collecting quotes.
I came across a good quote about two weeks ago and thought I would share with you.

This is from John Piper. I don't know what many of you think of him. I honestly don't know a lot about him. I've never personally read any of his books However, two things I do know about him are:
#1. His church's website is where I got my Fighter Verses that I memorize
#2. He uses the ESV, one of my favorite Bible translations.

So, that being said, here's the quote:

“Anxiety shows that we are too close to the world and too far from God. So don’t be anxious—the world has nothing eternal to offer, and your loving heavenly Father knows your needs now and forever.”~ John Piper

Isn't that good!