Monday, September 22, 2008

The one about my great kids....

I have the best kids in the world. They really do keep me going. Mickey has had to be away from our family for various periods of time for the last 17 years. The Lord has blessed me with children that prod me along spiritually (having to be on my toes) and emotionally.

I have to try to keep it together for them.

Do I?

LOL...not all the time. We've shared a lot of tears and frustration through the years of separation from the Mickster, but that's part of how we have grown closer. They've seen me fall apart when the sink gets stopped up, the toilet's leaking, the car breaks down, and I get a runner in my pantyhose on the morning I have to be up front at church...they know how mom can have a "meltdown". They also know (and we've learned together) how sweet the comfort of our relationships with each other and the relationships with our Heavenly Father can be.

We've also had some fun times: private jokes, game time, dinnertime conversations, late night talks, etc. that had been very precious to me and to them. I've watched them go from little toddlers that I talk to; become little people that I can talk with.

Would I prefer it that Mickey didn't travel? YES, YES, and YES! However, I am blessed for the times that I can look back and see that we've grown together as a family. God's always been faithful, and He's given me children who yes...can test me at times, but who love me unconditionally and encourage me. Praise God from whom all blessings flow....