Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The one about being crafty....

Ok, so I am NOT the craft queen. However, I do enjoy doing crafty things. I actually have a fun time, usually.
Well, the other night Maddie and I went to my friend, Lisa's house. Lisa sells Stampin' Up products. I have several Stampin' Up sets from the past, and I do enjoy stamping, but I do not make enough time for it. Anyway, at Lisa's house I made two cards that I am extremely proud of. Maddie made the same cards and also a cute little bag. The ideas I learned that night have put me in the mood to try to be creative again! :-D

Last year, I started a tradition. I gave my mother and Mickey's mother a scrapbook of "our year" for Christmas.
My mom knows just about everything the kids do; so the photos are a "hard copy" of the memories and things she's been hearing about.
Mickey's mom is very busy and doesn't get to hear about all these things, so the scrapbook is a "window to our world" here in NE.
I enjoy doing the books and they contain most of the same pictures. (My mom's has photos of Buckeye Christmas...the official Jayne Family Celebration of Christmas at Thanksgiving.)

Last year, I decided to do the albums just about a month before Thanksgiving and they were not nearly as creative as I would have liked them to be. SO, I was determined to be better this year. I got off to the right start and even "scrapbooked" all day with my friend Joy and her sister in law one day at Archivers... in March. Well, I'm sorry to say...that was the last day I worked on the scrapbook. SO...
Maddie and I have set aside Saturday as our scrapbook day. Maddie likes to make cards and scrapbook, so I don't know what projects she will decide to work on, but I will be dedicating the day to the scrapbooks! I don't know how much I will be able to accomplish, but I'm going to work a lot. This afternoon in preparation for Saturday, I will be going through photos and also ordering new ones so I will have plenty to work with. :-)

So, I am collecting things and looking for ideas to get these scrapbooks ready. The cards I made at Lisa's house inspired me with ways to embellish my pages. My friend Joy is also a great "scrapbooker", and so I have been inspired by her designs as well.
So...this weekend it's time to get crafty....scrapbooking...here we come! :-D