Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The one about surprises, surprises...!

I got quite a surprise last night.My husband walked in the door. I was on the phone with him at the time.

It was so funny, because I had talked with him off and on yesterday and had no idea he was on his way. I knew he was probably coming in early from Texas...sometime before Friday, but I had no idea that he would be in yesterday!

Anyway, I was on the phone with him last evening as we we were talking, our dog was barking here. The thought ran through my head, that I thought I could hear the dog barking even in Mickey's phone, but I didn't say anything. I just figured it was a bad echo thing. I was sitting at the computer desk in the lower level, butI could see part of the front door.

Well, I called to the kids to go and see why the dog was barking so fiercely, and while they were moving towards the door, (from my downstairs position) I saw the front door open and close and I said in a slightly more firm voice, "Someone just came in here." Mickey on the phone said, "What?" (In my head, that was now trying to think quickly, I wondered if it was my friend Mary Cutler who might come in, if she had seen me at the computer desk through the window.)

Well, as the kids moved faster then, they started to yell, "Daddy's home!"I was shocked.

Mickey is quite proud of himself for this feat. I think he should be. I am pretty hard to surprise.

Needless to say, Marcus is stuck to Mickey almost like glue and we are all very happy.
Even sick Michael is thrilled to have Daddy home!

It was good surprise.