Monday, March 10, 2008

The one about being a little queasy but up and around...and a new verse

Well, Friday turned into quite a day. I went to my friend Mary's house on Friday afternoon. I had lunch and it never did quite "sit" right. As the afternoon progressed, my stomach just was not feeling well.
Mickey and I had plans to take our two kids plus Andrew and Brittany Hall to Lincoln to a CYIA activity to get information about CYIA camp this year and let our kids meet some of the other kids. Well...as I was driving to the Halls, my stomach really started to feel bad. I dropped Marcus off and picked up Andrew and Brittany. (The Halls sweetly watched Marcus for us that night) As I was driving I thought I might need to pull over, but I don't think any of the kids realized how bad I felt. I gave them directions about the dinner that was in the crockpot and I went upstairs. I had Michael call Mickey and he said he could take the kids himself. I went to bed. I was freezing. I had been cold all afternoon, but that is something I have struggled with all winter and Friday was a terribly cold day. Well, I collapsed in the bed. I was chilling and Mickey gave me some tylenol and I laid there miserably. He left for Lincoln with the kids. My temp went up to 102.7 I think. I was taking it off and on and ended up taking some extra motrin. The big temp finally broke sometime during the night, but I continued to have a sick stomach and low grade temp for the remainder of the weekend. I had to miss church again. However, I did get to hear Sunday morning's message as Mickey called me on the cell phone and put it on speaker so I could listen. I heard most of it. YAY!
So, today I am up and around, but still feeling a little queasy. Thank goodness the fever is gone! I don't know what kind of nasty bug that was, but I hope no one else in the family gets it.
So today is the start of another work week...even though Sunday is the actual start of a new week.
And so I have a new verse to memorize this week. (I had to call Pastor last night before he left for his conference today, to say last week's verse.)
This week is:

Psalm 30:4-5
Sing praises to the LORD, O you His saints, and give thanks to His Holy Name. For His anger is but for a moment and His favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.