Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The FIRST one about surprises, surprises!


I got quite a surprise last night.

My husband walked in the door. I was on the phone with him at the time.


It was so funny, because I had talked with him on and off yesterday and had no idea he was on his way. I knew he was probably coming in early...sometime before Friday, but I had no idea that he would be in yesterday!

Anyway, I was on the phone with him last evening as we we were talking, our dog was barking here. The thought ran through my head, that I thought I could hear the dog barking even in Mickey's phone, but I didn't say anything. I just figured it was a bad echo thing. Well, I called to the kids to go and see what the dog was barking at, and while they were moving towards the door, I saw the front door open and close and I said, "Someone just came in here." Well, as the kids moved faster then, they started to yell, "Daddy's home!"
I was shocked. Mickey is quite proud of himself for this feat. I think he should be. I am pretty hard to surprise.
Needless to say, Marcus is stuck to Mickey almost like glue and we are all very happy. Even sick Michael is thrilled to have Daddy home! :-)