Monday, March 12, 2007

The one about Spring Syrup...

Well, the Syrup Master tells me that the beginning of this week will not bring a lot of sap from our maple tree. Our temperatures are really warming up, so the sap will slow down a lot. However, it will get down to freezing later this week and that should bring things up to speed again. We don't have a lot planned on Saturday so that is good...we'll be boiling sap and making syrup. I boiled down the last bit of sap I had this morning and it was beautiful and tasted good too.
I will tell you that early Saturday morning I did burn a batch. It smelled!! I hated that because we have worked so hard, but I got sidetracked with a lot of morning activity. However, life goes on.
The Syrup Master has asked that I send over some pics of the kids as he is going to make lables so we can put the syrup we've made into bottles. These are some of the pics I took while trying to get a good pic for the label.