Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The one about crocheting and catching up...

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted in Mary's World.

The sap has quit flowing and hopefully soon I will post some picture so us canning syrup. (We are waiting for the arrival of my husband from an overseas trip to do that.) In the meantime, the syrup is being stored in the refrigerator.

However, even though the sap slowed down, things have still been busy in Mary's World...

Last week I was working on crocheting. I am not a big crocheter. It has been something that has been very hard for me to learn. BUT, my friend Beth taught me how to do a basic granny square, and now I'm hooked!

I will be posting some pictures later this afternoon of a granny square project that the ladies in our homeschool group worked on for a ministry project we were doing. We made a lovely granny square piece with squares crocheted by our different members. It came together so beautifully; a true example of many hands coming together for a beautiful work of art.

So, I encourage you to check out the granny square pattern that we used. It's on this page and it was the second pattern on the page...
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/lds-humanitarian-square.html

I want to learn how to make the other square on the above page also, but I have a baby afghan that I want to work on for a co worker of my husband's first. I had started knitting them a blanket, but have already taken it out and started on granny squares. :-) I just am hooked on them now. :-)

Time out from, Mary's World. :-)