Thursday, March 8, 2007

The one about the name of Mary's World

I must tell you about where the name came from for my blog. About 15 years ago there was a movie that came out called Wayne's World. I must admit I never saw it, but did see a lot of previews for it. The move was about two guys who had a cable access show they filmed in their basement. They were geeky metal heads....from what I can gather. Anyway, they chanted in the theme to their cable access show, "Wayne's World, Wayne's World, Partytime, Excellent!"
So anyway, back to the story. Mickey, Michael (age 1), and I were visitng my sissy Becky and her husband Mike in Ohio. There was some kind of intelligent conversation going on and something went over my head. Mike made the comment, "What's it like living in Mary's World?", and then went on to chant, "Mary's World, Mary's World." Since then, every once in a while my husband will remind me of my sometimes "spacey" moments with the Mary's World chant. So that is where Mary's World comes from.
:-)