Thursday, January 31, 2008

The one about the Weird Funk...

Well, in the Knipp house four out of five of us are ready for spring already. The one out of the five that loves the winter, is currently in Texas where the weather is: 46 degrees and sunny....the irony of it all.
Anyway, this week the rest of us have been sort of in a funk. Maddie woke up on Tuesday a.m. with a temp, and chills. I kept her in bed all day with plenty of fluids. She felt better on Wed. morning and during the day, to the point that she and I went to the gym for our workout.
Last night, as we were readying for Wednesday evening prayer service, Michael mentioned he was cold. I knew something was up. He's never cold. Then he said he had a headache. Marc chimed in and said, "yea and my throat has kinda hurt today too, but I wasn't going to say anything yet." I got out the thermometer and took Michael's temp. It was 99.9. Now that is not a high temp, but a temp and our ear thermomenter usually runs low, so I figured it was higher than that. Then I took Marc's and his was 99.7. Marc always run cooler than the rest of us. So I said, "That's it, you boys are staying home. " Maddie was glad because she could go, but I thought, I'd better check hers just in case. Well, she had a low grade, but she said she felt fine. Then I checked mine and it was 100.1. Now, I wasn't feeling sick, but off and on this week I haven't felt my best. Then Maddie reminded us that we had been around two people that had continued on with their normal activites even though they had ran temps last week, but because they hadn't felt, totally horrible were out and about with their regular routine, but obviously with some kind of disturbance in their immune system. I told Maddie we would all stay home. I didn't want to get exposed to something while my immune system could be compromised and I didn't want the same for her either. She was pretty upset. She really wanted to go to church.
(My kids enjoy going to church)
So, we stayed in last night. Today we are getting all our schooling accomplished, but just at a much slower rate. We're having more chicken noodle soup too.
I hope no one else gets this weird funk going around, and for heaven's sake...if you have a temperature, stay home! Don't spread the love.

Oh, how many more days until spring????