Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The one about encouragement...

Isn't it amazing how just a few encouraging words to someone can make a difference? I have tried to be more encouraging to people, and when I appreciate something they do, I have been trying to tell them. Well, in August I visited my parents and in- laws in Ohio and was able to visit some of the area churches. I was able to hear some people speak that I hadn't heard speak before and some that I hadn't heard in several years. It was such a blessing to hear these young guys preaching God's Word uncompromisingly. So, I decided I would write notes of encouragement to them. So, I have gotten some of them mailed, but not all of them. I still have one to write...but my mom told me the other day her pastor had gotten his card. He appreciated the kind words and I'm glad. He mentioned it to my mom. So my mom was relaying this story to me, and I was glad that Matt appreciated the card, but then I was the recipient of kind words. Mom told me that she had appreciated reaidng the blog of late and was glad to see how the Lord has been working in my life and appreciated me sharing. I always love to hear a kind word, but I especially always love to hear the praise of my parents. So, thank you, Mother! May I say I had the best example of a trusting Mom who let the Lord lead her through seven children and handling that preacher/pastor daddy of mine. (Smile) I love you, Mom! Thanks!