Thursday, July 26, 2012

I Will Glory in My Redeemer

This was a draft I found in my blogger files.  It's old, but still pertinent.

Once I heard a pastor say that he wouldn't have certain songs in his church's worship service because he didn't feel the words were truthful for today's culture.
For instance, " You Are My All in All" when God really isn't first in our lives; or "I'd Rather Have Jesus" saying, I'd rather have Jesus than silver or gold...when most people really do want more things. (money)
However, I take those lyrics as a challenge to evaluate my life and let it convict me. This is a video I found on a blog I frequent. When she sings, "I have no longings for another" it makes me think. Do I have longings for others or other things? It challenges/encourages me put my life in correct order. Watch and worship.
PS. Make sure you pause the blog playlist as you listen.