Friday, July 27, 2012

Goals 2012

This year I began with several goals.

1. Study through Romans and James
2. Exercise more
3. Read more (fiction and non-fiction)

We are over half way through the year and I'm good on two out of the three objectives.  I will begin my study in James next week. I completed Romans and also got through 1 John, 2 John, and 3 John; I'm currently studying Philemon.

Exercise...well, that is something that has been severely lacking but today I will do some sort of exercise. : D

On the reading front, I've read several books this year.  Gospel by J.D. Greear was a great read.  I've also picked up several Beverly Lewis books which continue to whet my appetite with my fascination of the Amish life. I also finished Robert Whitlow's Water's Edge.  I'm a huge Whitlow fan. This book is definitely in my top three favorite Whitlow's books. The first two being The Trial  and Jimmy.  Another read that I started but have paused on is Jerry Jenkin's Riven .   This is a book that I hope to go through before the end of the summer.  So many people have recommended it to me and from what I've read about what Jerry Jenkins himself has said about this work being sort of the "book of his life:, I'm excited to read it.

This is a book I'm putting on my list for next year John MacArthur's Counseling.

What were your goals for the new year?  Have you completed any goals? Are you still working on the goals you set for yourself in January?  While I'm basically failing at the second of my three goals, now is the time to pick up myself by the boot straps and say, "Hey, the year is not over and it is much better to exercise and succeed with half a year's worth of fitness than to waste the next six months waiting for a new year to roll around!"  So, here we go...