Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year -New Look

Joyful- 2011!
Starting the year off with a new look for an old blog that has been left to the dust it might seem. Maybe this year I will be able to put a little more time into it.
This seems to be shaping up to be a year of new beginnings.
Our oldest son, Michael was engaged to a wonderful girl, Amanda last August. They will be married this August 27th. We are very much looking forward to this event in their lives.
My niece was also engaged this year to a great guy...Nate. So, we have two family weddings.
So far, I know of at least two other weddings coming up this year. It's going to be a very exciting August. :D

I want to read through the Pslams and Proverbs the first quarter of this year. Also, as soon as I finish reading Competent to Counsel by Jay Adams, I'll be reading How People Change and Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands both by Paul David Tripp. My goal is to have those books completed by the end of February.
In our Read Aloud time with the kids, we'll be tackling Do Hard Things by the Harris brothers. I've owned that book for some time and am looking forward to finally conquering it with the kids.

On the Bible study front, I'm setting the goal to listen to the Revelation series of messages by Ryan McKee of Mamre Baptist Church. http://www.mamre.org/content.cfm?id=213
(If you would like to join me, make sure you check the dates of the messages to listen to the book study in order)

On the physical front, I'll be working out. Back to doing the 30 Day Shred and also hitting spin class three times a week. Jillian Michael's has a new video for 6 Weeks to 6 Pack Abs. Well, I have more than 6 weeks of "cushion" to work through, but I'll be doing the ab video also.

I have a list of crochet projects I want to finish by next December. Some of those are gifts, so I won't be mentioning them in full detail. Maybe at the end of the year I'll be able to post some pics of the finished projects.

Our family is engaging in a new ministry of leading the children's church program at our church. We are excited about this and had a great initial kick off day. One thing that I'm so excited we were able to find was the Classic version of music for children. Thanks to God's Kids Worship:
http://www.godskidsworship.com/default.aspx If you are involved in Children's Ministry check it out!

I do wish you a joyful new year. May we all grow to be more like the Savior, Jesus Christ in this year.