Friday, January 14, 2011

Checking In.

So the new year is a time for goals. I have challenged myself in several different areas. (See post New Year-New Look for reference.)
Let's see how I'm doing:

Bible Reading: I'm on track with reading Psalms (Chronologically) and Proverbs by the end of March. Actually, if I stay on track I will have read Proverbs three times by the end of March.

NANC Reading: I still have not finished Competent to Counsel. UGH! I have not devoted the time to it like I should since I didn't make the goal I had set for myself by finishing it before the new year. So, I need to whip that out. I do still want to have read How People Change and Instruments in the Redeemer's Hand by the end of February. I need to step it up on this. I want to read every counseling text book on the NANC recommended reading list by the beginning of August. These books include: Competent to Counsel by Jay Adams, The Christian Counselor's Manual by Jay Adams, Counseling-How to Counsel Biblically by John MacArthur, Seeing with New Eyes by David Powlison, The Peacemaker by Ken Sande, and Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands by Paul Tripp. All the while working through Basic Theology by Charles Ryrie. (Basic Theology will NOT be finished by the beginning of August) :-D

Revelation series: I'm behind on listening to the Revelation messages from Mamre Baptist Church. There is something wrong with the volume on either their end or my end and so I'm not able to just listen to them while sitting at my computer. I'll have to put them on my MP3 player and listen so I can get the volume loud enough for me to understand. So, I need to work on that one.

Exercise: I set the goal of doing the 30 Day Shred again along with the new ab DVD by Jillian Michaels and going to spin class. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred. I need to work on fitting the ab video into my workout routine. I have done it twice, but need to be more consistent. It is a great routine. I do like it.
The spin class is another story. Mickey is changing shifts, so he will be home with me during the mornings when spin class is going on. I do not want to commit myself to being out of the house three mornings a week when that is supposed to be when we are having our devotions and prayer time together. SO...for now, spin class is out.
(However when he's out of town...I'll be heading to spin class in the mornings.) :-D

Crafts: Crochet projects are on target and maybe soon I will be able to post a few pics. We'll see....
My new favorite crochet resource, besides the Internet is Crochet Today.

Did any of you make any goals/resolutions for 2011? Are you staying on track? Are you giving yourself time to evaluate how you are doing and where you need to make adjustments?

Until next time.
~MAK