Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm going green



I wouldn't say I'm really going green, but one small effort.....

I do like my Swiffer mop, but hate buying the refills sheets for it. When I saw the pattern for this cover, I immediately wanted to make it. I'm very proud of it, and to top it off....I did it completely on my own. No phones calls or email requests to my crochet mentors for help. This was a start to finish effort of my own.

One contribution to going green....not purchasing the refill sheets anymore.

Also, when this cover is sullied, I can take if off, turn it wrong side out and use it some more before washing it in the washing machine. I have one cover made and I'm working on a second.

I love how crocheters are so ingenious. The leaders in the field come up with some of the best and cutest ideas. Those who come up with these concepts --then write ---then share the patterns ----for FREE, are part of what makes crochet a great hobby. People are always so willing to help!